Administrative secretaries hold greater importance than standard secretaries because administrative secretaries are responsible for various administration works in addition to the standard secretarial and personal assistant duties. Moreover, an administrative secretarial job is not related to some specific sector but can be acquired in any organisation with a need for administrative and secretarial work.
This Level 7 course of Admin, Secretarial, and PA has been designed by ILC to prepare the achievers for varied job roles and to acquire the competitive positions. The said course will be highly beneficial for your development as it will equip you with the theoretical and practical knowledge of various administrative as well as secretarial duties. The higher level diploma of Admin, Secretarial, and PA is comprised of 16 Modules, each with unique and highly relevant content, including the MS Office suite. Initially, you will be introduced to the job role of Admin/secretary/receptionist and required skills, and then more advanced modules will provide you with deep insight of various skills including business writing, communication, time management, meeting management, telephone etiquette and many more.
Level 7 Admin, Secretarial & PA Diploma is 200 credits TQUK Endorsed Certificate. To achieve a Level 7 Admin, Secretarial & PA is a TQUK Endorsed Diploma learner must have to achieve 20 Modules with 200 Credits to get Endorsed Diploma.
Module 1: Administrative Office Procedures
• Organize a binder
• Develop procedures
• Prepare checklists
• Understand succession planning
• Collect the correct tools
Module 2: Administrative Support Skills
• Getting Organized
• Manage their time more effectively
• Prioritize their time so they can get it all done.
• Complete Special Tasks
• Verbal Communication Skills
• Non-Verbal Communication Skills
• Empowering Yourself
Module 3: Executive and Personal Assistant
• Adapt to the needs and styles of management
• Communicate through written, verbal, and nonverbal methods
• Improve time management skills
• Manage meetings effectively
• Act as a gatekeeper
Module 4: Achieve and Record Management
• Define records and archives
• Analyze records in context
• Classify records
• Understand different systems
• Maintain and convert records
Module 5: Business Etiquette
• Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
• Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
• Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
• Identify at least one way to minimize nervousness while in social situations.
• Understand how to use a business card effectively.
Module 6: Meeting Management
• Planning and Preparing
• Identifying the Participants
• How to choose the time and place
• How to create the agenda
• How to set up the meeting space
Module 7: Assertiveness and Self-Confidence
• Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
• Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
• Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
• Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
Module 8: Basics of Body Language
• Define body language.
• Understand the benefits and purpose of interpreting body language.
• Learn to interpret basic body language movements.
• Recognize common mistakes when interpreting body language.
Module 9: Business Writing
• Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in business writing.
• Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
• Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
• Know tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
Module 10: Telephone Etiquettes
• Recognize the different aspects of telephone language
• Properly handle inbound/outbound calls
• Know how to handle angry or rude callers
• Learn to receive and send phone messages
Module 11: Call Center
• Define and understand call center strategies.
• Identify different types of buying motivations.
• Create SMART Goals.
• Familiarize myself with strategies that sharpen effective communication.
Module 12: Facilitation Skills
• Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
• Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
• Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
• Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
• Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming, and performing.
Module 13: Goals Settings
• Overcome procrastination
• Manage time effectively
• Accomplish important tasks
• Create SMART goals
Module 14: Event Planning
• Understand the different types of events
• Understand the planning process
• Know how to organize your event
• Understand how to organize your staff, and delegate to them effectively
Module 15: Time Management
• Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
• Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
• Handle crises effectively and quickly
• Organize your workspace and workflow to make better use of time
Module 16: Personal Productivity
• Set and evaluate SMART goals
• Use routines to maximize their productivity
• Use scheduling tools to make the most of their time
• Stay on top of their to-do list
• Start new tasks and projects on the right foot
Module 17: Social Intelligence
• Be aware of our own behaviors
• Learn to be empathetic with others
• Know tools for active listening
• Effectively communicate interpersonally
• Recognize various social cues
Module 18: Social Media In the Workplace
• Learn the meaning of social media
• Learn different ways social media is used and altered
• Build and maintain a social media policy
• Keeping your social media secure
• Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
• Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
Module 19: The Cloud and Business
• Understand what the cloud is
• Recognize risks and benefits
• Communicate effectively
• Employ business processes
• Monitor performance
Module 20: Microsoft Office
1. Excel 2016 Essentials
2. Outlook 2016 Essentials
3. PowerPoint 2016 Essentials
4. Word 2016 Essentials
Learners pursuing to enroll for this course should meet the following conditions.
1. Be age 16 years or above.
2. Solid knowledge of English Language.
3. Working Knowledge of Information Communication Technologies for studying online i.e. Internet, Microsoft Office.
4. A genuine desire to study and succeed.
Admin, Secretarial & PA Diploma offered by Inspire London College for the students want to pursue their career in this role. The course provide Knowledge about Admin, Secretarial & Personal Assistant to those who are looking to work in Admin, Secretarial & PA Sector. ILC is one of the Leading Online Admin, Secretarial & PA Diploma provider in United Kingdom and Admin, Secretarial & PA Diploma include 10 important modules that teach learner about their need and succession in their professional life.
After studying the course material, Learner will have to attempt Final Assignment(s).
The Assignment Brief containing the different questions will be available on VLE / Moodle. You will be assessed by Inspire London college’s Assessor. A range of assessment methods may be used. When an assessment criteria is met, it will be graded ‘Pass’. If there is further evidence required, it will be graded ‘referred or fail’, and your assessor will give feedback as to how you can meet the criteria. You can resubmit an assignment as many times as you need to.
All written report(s) / Assessment(s) are online and are taken either through or after the course; these are included in the course price.
Inspire London College Offers Endorsed Courses by Training Qualification UK (TQUK) under TQUK Endorsed Provision.
TQUK Endorsed Provision
This means that Inspire London College has designed and developed its courses and has go through an external quality check by Training Qualification UK (TQUK) to ensure that the ILC and the courses it offers, meet the high standards quality criteria.
Training Qualification UK (TQUK)
TQUK is an Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation, providing a wide range of vocational qualifications to FE Colleges and private training providers.
TQUK is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) in England, CCEA Regulation in Northern Ireland and by Qualifications Wales. TQUK offers qualifications which are regulated by Ofqual and, in some cases, by CCEA Regulation and/or Qualifications Wales, sit on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and are listed on the Register of Regulated Qualifications.
Upon successfully passing the Course, learner needs to pay for Certificate of Completion from ILC (either in PDF format or Hardcopy) or Endorsed Diploma from TQUK (Hardcopy).
Certificate of Completion (PDF format) = £50
Certificate of Completion (Hardcopy) = £70 + postage charges £15 = £85
Endorsed Diploma from Awarding Body TQUK (Hardcopy) = £125 + postage charges £15=£140