Module 1: Administrative Office Procedures
- Organize a binder
- Develop procedures
- Prepare checklists
- Understand succession planning
- Collect the correct tools
Module 2: Administrative Support
- Getting Organized
- Manage their time more effectively
- Prioritize their time so they can get it all done.
- Complete Special Tasks
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Empowering Yourself
- Deal better with their managers
Module 3: Managing Workplace Anxiety
- Taking Care of Yourself is a priority
- Explore different types of workplace anxieties
- Learn to recognize symptoms and warning signs
- Determine ways of coping and managing problems
- Recognize common trigger and accelerants
- Learn the difference between anxiety and common nervousness
Module 4: Office Politics for Managers
- Understand the purpose and benefits of office politics.
- Setting boundaries and ground rules for new employees.
- Learn to interact and influence among colleagues.
- Learn how to manage various personality types in the office.
- Determine how to gain support and effectively network.
- Recognize how you are a part of a group and how you function.
Module 5: Business Acumen
- Know how to see the big picture
- Develop a risk management strategy
- Know how to practice financial literacy
- Develop critical thinking
- Practice management acumen
- Find key financial levers
Module 6: Business Ethics
- Define and understand ethics.
- Understand the benefits of ethics.
- Create strategies to implement ethics at work.
- Recognize social and business responsibility.
- Identify ethical and unethical behaviour.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.
Module 7: Business Etiquette
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Identify at least one way to minimize nervousness while in social situations.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette, and basic table manners.
- Understand the protocol in ordering in a restaurant, handling alcohol in a business meal, paying the bill, and tipping.
- Understand basic guidelines when it comes to the proper form of address, grammar standards, and use of acronyms in e-mails.
- Understand basic guidelines in the use of the telephone, voicemail, and cellphone.
- State the difference between a formal and an informal letter.
- Create an effective ‘Thank You’ note.
- Understand the meaning of colours in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
- Understand basic guidelines in international etiquette.
Module 8: Business Development and Succession Planning
- Define business Development and Succession planning and its role in your company.
- Lay the groundwork to develop a Development and Succession plan.
- The importance of mentorship.
- Define and use a SWOT analysis to set goals.
- Create a plan, assign roles, and execute the plan.
- Communicate to develop support and manage change.
- Anticipate obstacles, and evaluate and adapt goals and plans.
- Characterize success.
Module 9: Microsoft Office
- Excel 2016 Essentials
- Create and Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
- Manage Data Cells and Ranges
- Create Tables
- Perform Operations with Formulas and Functions
- Use Quick Analysis, Charts and Objects
- Outlook 2016 Essentials
- Communicate with Email
- Manage Messages
- Manage Schedules
- Manage Contacts and Groups
- Manage the Outlook Environment
- PowerPoint 2016 Essentials
- Create and Manage Presentations
- Insert and Format Text, Shapes and Images
- Insert Tables, Charts, Smart Art, and Media
- Apply Transitions and Animations
- View Slideshows and Work with Multiple Presentations
- Word 2016 Essentials
- Create and Manage Documents
- Format Text, Paragraphs, and Sections
- Create Lists and Tables
- Insert and Format Graphic Elements
- Create and Manage References
Module 10: Organisational Skills
- Examine current habits and routines that are not organized
- Learn to prioritize your time schedule and daily tasks
- Determine ways of storing information and supplies
- Learn to organize personal and workspace
- Learn to resist procrastination
- Make plans to stay organized in the future